Tonight at midnight, I will be taking on the challenge of the 3-Day Novel Contest.
I’ve been looking forward to it all week! The only writing on it I’ve done has been within the rules: I’ve made a detailed outline, plotted major pieces of action, and all the major characters. I’m horrible of thinking of names on the spot, so I have extra names if I need them.
What I’m planning to do today to prepare is (in no particular order):
- Get the rest of my stuff unpacked from the boxes I still have lying around;
- Take out the said empty boxes, garbage, and recycling;
- If my IKEA desk chair arrives today, assemble that;
- Clean up the kitchen, put dishes in dishwasher, make it look tidy;
- Get dry laundry folded, dry wet laundry, fold next dry laundry;
- Go to the grocery shop when it stops raining; and
- Do some minor remaining tweaks and research for my outline.
Wow! I have my work cut out for me. Luckily, I’m nearly done step one. I have one box here in the living room, and two boxes in my bedroom. Since some repairs need to take place for my to load books onto my bookshelf, those will remain packed for the time being. As for everything else, well, I just need some willpower! The willpower that I was all out of yesterday.
As promised, I will be keeping up with my progress here at my blog. Comments to stir me on would be greatly appreciated!
Wish me luck!