Happy New Year!
As was tradition back when this blog was active, I’m here to share the books I read in 2015. In total, I read 56 books. That’s the record, at least ever since I started recording my yearly book list. And here they are. Asterisks (*) indicate a reread (and yes, I reread some within the same year).
- A self-help book that I didn’t record the name of
- Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
- Yes, Please by Amy Poehler
- The Fine Art of Pretending by Rachel Harris
- Just One Day by Gayle Forman
- Just One Year by Gayle Forman
- Just One Night by Gayle Forman
- Don’t Touch by Rachael Wilson
- Show Your Work by Austin Kloen
- Jackaby by William Ritter
- Kissing Ted Callahan by Amy Spalding
- Before I Go To Sleep by SJ Watson
- Maximize Your Potential Edited by Jocelyn Glei
- The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi
- *A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- Our Numbered Days by Neil Hilborn
- We Slept Here by Sierra De Mulder
- Marbles by Ellen Foley
- Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
- The Only Thing to Fear by Caroline Tung Richmond
- Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell
- Neanderthal Meets Human by Penny Reid
- Wolf in White Van by John Darnielle
- Way More Than Luck Edited by Janet Crowther
- Don’t Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
- Trouble is a Friend of Mine by Stephanie Tromly
- Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman
- Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
- Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
- Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
- This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- *Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- *Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
- *Just One Day by Gayle Forman
- *Just One Year by Gayle Forman
- *Just One Night by Gayle Forman
- *Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
- *Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- *Our Numbered Days by Neil Hilborn
- *Honeybee by Trista Mateer
- First and Then by Emma Mills
- My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- 99 Days by Katie Cotugno
- Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapien’s Agenda by Becky Alberalli
- The Dogs I have Kissed by Trista Mateer
- A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby
- Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
A couple things I noticed:
- This was the year of YA. I read young adult books almost exclusively. This probably contributed to my high book count.
- For someone who doesn’t like Sarah Dessen, I read a lot of her books this year. Maybe I was just giving her a chance.
- I didn’t reread all my usual books. I usually have at least one Jane Austen book on my list. I’ll have to rectify this in 2016.
- All the Bright Places broke me. Seriously, do not read this book during a sensitive time in your life like I did. I had to cleanse my palate with books I knew I loved and ended happily because I could not get over that book. I’m still not over that book. (It’s sad, but very good.)
My favourite new books were probably the Just One Day series by Gayle Forman (I want a Willem!), Rainbow Rowell’s books, All the Bright Places, I’ll Give You the Sun (though I didn’t like it at first), and Simon vs. the Homo Sapien’s Agenda. Stephanie Perkins’ books are always good for a pick me up and I love them.
I’m not going to bother talking about the books I didn’t like, though there were a few of them.
So, that’s it! My 2015 book list! How was your year in reading?